Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday! Merry Christmas!

This week was my son's birthday! I officially have an adult child. I have very mixed emotions on the subject. Part of me wipes my brow and thinks, "Phew, I made it!" (Well, at least this far....) And then the other part of me says, "What happened to my baby?" I'm not old enough to have an adult child... I'm only 29 ya know!! Right now he is in Tennessee serving a mission for our church. Happy Birthday Son!



Here is a collage of pictures of my cutie patootie! When he graduated from High School he joined the Volunteer Fire Department in our community and he also went to school to become an EMT-B (Emergency Medical Technician-Basic). But when he turned 19 he decided to go on a mission. What a great decision! I am ultra proud of him!



Now on to Merry Christmas...I put the final touches on my Sister's Christmas present. I am showing it now cause she is getting it on Thanksgiving. My sister still uses a sheet under her tree every year, so I thought it was about time for her to have a 'real' tree skirt! She will get her gift early thus she will be able to use it this year. I am pleased on how it turned out. I used Thimbleberries Star Swirl Tree Skirt pattern and fabrics.





Now after Thanksgiving I can tell my sister I have a blog..
Piece & love,
Dawn

5 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

What a great kid. Bless him.

Sherri said...

Happy birthday to Kyle! And the tree skirt turned out great!

Carrie P. said...

Happy Birthday to your son. Having adult kids is awesome. Yes, it time for your sister to have a tree skirt and the one you made is fantastic.

Tipper said...

Love the tree skirt-and a big Happy Birthday to your son!!

Julie said...

One of my brother's served his mission in Tennesse about 20 or so years ago. It is nice to meet you and visit your blog. Your quilts are wonderful. Everytime we go to St. George I go to Mormon Handicraft. I always find something I just have to have!! Come back and visit me again. I think you're the first person from Nevada to visit my blog and leave a comment. There ought to be a prize, huh? Take care, Julie